SEE conference & UAO workshop
Last weekend we were lucky enough to be invited to Turin where Dee spoke in the truly inspiring SEE (serve essere eroi) conference. Dee spoke about her experience in teaching; how she vies to instil a sense of the responsibility and the privilege a graphic designer has in the world, and how they can make real change and not just worry about making things look pretty.
Also inspiring us at the event were:
- Luigi Bistagnino – systemic design.
- Andrea from studio LeftLoft in Milan
- Tilman from Mucho… both gents!
- Veronica from hey studio (check out their instagram project every hey ..wahey)
- Ludovico from Slow Food Italia, real nice guy.
- & Lisa Casali from Ecocucina – an amazing woman leading the charge to waste less food and cook in your dishwasher!
Short video preview here:
The next day we tutored at the UAO Workshop, where in one day, a group of design students and professionals each created their own unique response to the brief:
Food and the City.
Inspired by the amazing array of letterpress faces to play with, gorgeous favini papers along with the awesome screenprinting team Try Again Lab, the results were fantastic! Mick even got stuck in and created a poster.
Here’s another quick video of the workshop briefing:
Oh and of course the results of the poster heroes competition were announced: Congratulations to all 40 designers who were picked. Here’s a video of the selected works:
A huge, huuuuuggge, thanks to everyone in PLUG creativity for organising such a great event. And the team for looking after us so well as well as making these videos..
Ps we stayed in this place via AirBnB, really nice guy with a really nice apartment.
Oh and the pistachio ice-cream… Mind blown.